Written by Admin on July 19th, 2017 in
Terms of Reference (TOR)
Program Manager, PHAD
Base: PHAD Hanoi Office
Reports to: Directors of PHAD
Type of Position: Full time
Starting Date: 1 September, 2017
PHAD is the Not-for-profit organization working in Public Health issues in Vietnam and region including Mental Health, Environmental Health, E-Health, Infectious Diseases and NCD. PHAD provides financial supports to partner organizations – mostly NGOs and lower level/primary care level professional public health institutes of Vietnam.
PHAD is expanding its activities to more provinces in Vietnam, expanding activities to environmental health and smoking cessation. PHAD is now looking for a Program Manager to join its diversified team in PHAD to support mental health, environmental health and student exchange programs being implemented in PHAD.
The mental health program aims to offer primary care based depression management in Vietnam in collaboration with MOLISA of Vietnam. The project focus on non-medication treatment for depression patients at the community level.
The Environmental Health Program is a newly approved project funded by USAID to PHAD. The project aims to develop a network of actors working on water health and prevention of effect of polluted water to health of people.
International student exchange program is the multi-year project led by PHAD in collaboration with US universities over the last 10 years. The project introduced the public health program to international students, visiting different public health and NGO working on public health issues in Vietnam and strengthen the culture exchanges between international students and host families.
The Program Manager (PM) has the responsibility to ensure the effective and efficient day to day implementation of the project under the overall guidance and supervision of the Project Director. The PM will ensure the functioning of the project from beginning to the end including project inception activities, annual and quarterly planning and reporting and implementation of project activities, project reviews and project closure. The PM will also ensure the success and failure of the project to be documented and reviewed and shared. The PM will be also expected to participate in the grant writing and application with the directors and international experts working in PHAD.
• Prepare and update project annual and quarterly work plan, and submit these to the PD/Principal Investigator (PI) for agreement and approval
• Prepare and participate in quarterly work planning and progress reporting meeting with the PD/PI and directors
• Draft TORs for key inputs (i.e. personnel, sub-contract, training, procurement) and submit these to the PD/PI/Director for clearance and approval, and administer the mobilization of such inputs
• Provide technical advice to project beneficiaries, review technical reports and monitor technical activities carried out by responsible parties.
• Ensure that all agreements with implementing agencies are prepared, negotiated and agreed upon.
• With respect to co-implementing partners and external project implementing agencies/ subcontractors:
ensure that these agencies mobilize and deliver the outputs in accordance with their letters of agreement or contracts, and
provide overall supervision and/or coordination of their work to ensure the production of the expected outputs.
• Assumes direct responsibility for managing the project budget by ensuring that:
project funds are disbursed properly;
expenditure is in accordance with the project document and project work plans;
accounting records and supporting documents are properly kept and financial reports are prepared;
financial operations are transparent and financial procedures/regulations are properly applied; and
• Supervises local staff and local or international short-term consultants working for the project.
• Prepares project progress reports and the project final report and organizes Project Steering Committee meetings, review meetings and evaluation missions, in coordination with representative from funding agencies.
• Ensure the timely submission of work plans, reports, outputs and other deliverables to PI/PD and funding agencies for review and evaluation, as appropriate
• Regularly report to and keep the PI/PD/Directors and funding agency up-to-date on project progress and implementation issues
Post-graduate degree in Public Health or international health (international degree is preferable) with knowledge in legal and public health, environmental sciences, natural resource management or related fields;
At least 5 years of extensive experience in project management, planning and implementation, familiarity with donor funded development projects is an asset;
Strong analytical skills, oral and written communication and team building skills;
Substantial experience in leading teams of national and international experts
Excellent working level of English language in both writing and speaking.
Two years starting tentatively from September 2017 with possibility of extension for duration of the project dependent upon the performance.
Hanoi, with possible travel within or outside Vietnam
The Program Manager will be supervised by the Project Director/Director of PHAD
The Program Manager will be compensated according the reference category 1 in the project personnel forma cost in the PHAD Cost norm
To apply, please submit the following information before 15 Aug 2017 to email@example.com
1. Job Application Letter with “Program Manager” in the subject line.
2. Updated CV in English with photo (taken in the last 6 months), including your contact e-mail, phone number and salary expectations; summary of experience, qualification …
3. 2 reference letters (with name, title, phone number and email address of the reference person).
4. Scanned copies of related diplomas and certificates (not need to be notarized until officially recruited).
5. Please visit our website: www.phad.org for more information about the Institute of Population, Health and Development (PHAD).
• Note: – Please do not contact by phone.
– We only conduct interviews with satisfactory records.