With funding support from USAID, Institute of Population, Health and Development (PHAD) and CRS are now conducting the project “The sustainable and interdisciplinary rehabilitation services for Persons with severe Disabilities in Binh Dinh and Quang Nam Province (Hold My Hand) project. The objective of the project is to build a sustainable rehabilitation model in Binh Dinh and Quang Nam to support rehabilitation service provision to meet the multi-faceted needs of persons with severe disabilities, especially gender-specific needs and vulnerabilities.
One of the Project specific objectives is to strengthen 10 interdisciplinary rehabilitation service units at provincial and district hospitals in Binh Dinh province. In term of ST, to support health staff in regional, provincial and district hospitals and other special educational centers, the Project is looking for a voluntary speech therapist from 12/2019 to 6/2021 to provide technical assistance and coaching support for the available service providers in Binh Dinh.
Position: Voluntary Speech Therapist;
Workplace: PHAD office (Hanoi) and Binh Dinh Province, Vietnam;
Length of position: One year, with possibility of extension;
Start date: Tentatively from 1 December 2019;
Working hours: 1 week/month.
Scope of work
• Conduct assessment to available ST services in provincial hospitals, district hospitals, NGO and public schools for children with special education;
• Develop a plan to improve the available ST services in rehabilitation department of Binh Dinh province/district Hospitals, NGO and the schools for special children;
• Provide bi-monthly coaching and supervision to ST services in hospitals, NGO and school and provide recommendation for improvement;
• Completing all related reporting requirements for each technical/coaching trip;
• Work time and location: the volunteer is expected to work full 5 days/ every two months in Binh Dinh province and one day monthly meeting in PHAD office in Hanoi; the rest of the other time is free in Hanoi.
+ The volunteer must have a professional degree on Speech Therapy or Speech Pathologist and is having active license;
+ Willing to work in Vietnam from 6-12 months starting from December 2019 to June or July 2021 based in Hanoi with frequent travel to Binh Dinh and district hospitals in Binh Dinh;
+ Willing to travel to other provinces to attend networking or professional working activities if required by work or organization;
+ To find financial support for housing and living stipends outside the time working for the project, especially during the time in Hanoi.
+ PHAD will provide all legal assistance and paperwork for work permit and visa fee (if any);
+ Economic return airfare travel to and from Vietnam back to home country;
+ Lodging (accommodation in Binh Dinh province);
+ Travel costs from Hanoi to Binh Dinh or other province if required by the project and office;
+ Daily Subsistence Allowance during the time in Binh Dịnh according to PHAD policy;
+ Staff Health Insurance, local travel insurance like other PHAD’s Vietnamese staff.
A one-page cover letter should specify the position sought and highlight why the candidate believes they are the right person for the position. A CV detailing professional experience, relevant qualifications should be provided to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, addressing: Application for the ST volunteer consultant of the Hold My Hand project.
Direct of Skype or face-to-face interviews will be taken with shortlisted candidates.