Background / General Description
Location: Hanoi with 30% of time travel to difference regions of Vietnam
The mission of the PHAD, the member of VUSTA is working with community people, local government and the private sector, to promote sustainable development and health outcomes in marginalized population, help reduce poverty, and improve people’s quality of lives. PHAD is implementing the Local Work project funded by USAID supporting water health activities that are locally needed and prioritized by community people
PHAD is seeking to strengthen its LW team of public health, environmental and social specialists through the recruitment of a Senior Environmental Specialist, with special emphasis in the area of Water Management/Treatment in the Vietnam and Asia Pacific region.
Note: candidates who already applied need not re-apply (they will still be considered)
Duties and Accountabilities
Technical responsibilities will include:
• The review and appraisal of new investment proposals for PHAD/LocalWork’s consideration, including the identification of potential environmental and social impacts, risks and issues as early in the project cycle as possible, prioritize key risks to determine transaction conditions, develop recommendations for client actions and draft relevant project processing documentation.
• Work with clients to define steps required to meet the requirements of PHAD’s Performance Standards and the USAID Guidelines. Proactively analyze available information to identify gaps against PHAD Performance Standards. Develop deep knowledge of PHAD Performance Standards and their relationship to one another in their application to complex projects.
• Oversee the supervision of the environmental and social performance of specific allocated projects. Successfully lead multiple and complex projects.
• Identify opportunities and propose innovative solutions for adding value in an investment project structure. Where and when appropriate, assist PHAD investment staff with business development related to environmental opportunities above and beyond risk management.
• Work with client companies and PHAD’s Advisory Services to mobilize technical and financial support for new and portfolio clients to address environmental and social aspects of client’s operations. Consistently provide solutions to enhance sustainable development which is appreciated by the client as value added.
• Produce and disseminate good practices and lessons learned documents from PHAD’s work around the globe. Create high quality work products appropriate for public disclosure that clearly and logically frame risk identification and mitigation.
• Provide training on environmental and/or social issues to PHAD borrowers, PHAD investment officers and others as required.
• Represent PHAD at technical meetings, industry events and environmental for a
• Assist COP of LW to develop/draft the quarterly WP, Annual WP using USAID approved template and working with COP and team to finalize the WP and other technical issues
• Report to COP and Deputy Executive Director
• A post graduate degree in environmental sciences, natural resource management, environmental/agricultural engineering or other relevant discipline.
• At least 10 years of relevant international professional experience in environmental management with a demonstrated track record of at least 5 years E&S performance and management in the agribusiness and manufacturing sectors with private firms.
• Demonstrated experience with the effective application of PHAD Performance Standards.
• Willingness and demonstrated experience to collaborate in teams, seek innovative solutions and to communicate effectively with the full spectrum of PHAD’s stakeholders.
• Ability to travel frequently to developing countries.
• Excellent verbal and written English language skills.
• Relevant technical background and experience
• Self-starter with enthusiasm for integrated business solutions and PHAD’s Sustainability initiative.
• In-depth, practical experience in addressing environmental and social issues on various agricultural production and processing projects. Consultancy, contracting and/or operational experience in developing countries would be advantageous.
• Understanding of water management standards as well as environmental and food safety management systems, and training and experience in auditing against relevant certification systems.
• Familiarity with PHAD’s Performance Standards and sustainability approach is preferred.
• Experience in assessing and managing supply chain risks would be an advantage.
• Innovative approach with ability to generate and sell value-added solutions to PHAD’s clients and investment staff.
• Ability to operate as a member of a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team.
• Excellent communication skills.
To apply, please submit the following information before 16 Dec 2019 to email@example.com
– Updated CV in English with photo (taken in the last 6 months), including your contact e-mail, phone number and salary expectations; summary of experience, qualification …
– Reference letters (with name, title, phone number and email address of the reference person).
– Scanned copies of related diplomas and certificates (not need to be notarized until officially recruited).
No phone contact. For more information about PHAD please visit: https://phad.org
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted for interview.