Notice of Recruitment – Database and Website Consultant
The fast development of industrial zones combined with the lack of industrial wastewater management and loose environmental legislation have resulted in severe levels of water pollution in many areas of Vietnam. Despite encouraging efforts and results from several Vietnamese local organizations to mitigate the challenges and to protect the environment in recent years, impact and sustainability of these environmental projects are typically substandard due to weak strategizing, poor networking, limited access to local resources and limited engagement from government authorities. There is an urgent need for a capable network of local organizations that can mobilize available local resources to carry out efficient, impactful, and sustainable work.
The Institute of Population, Health and Development (PHAD) believes that local challenges can only be solved permanently and sustainably by the local communities through empowered local capacity and strengthened partnerships among local organizations. Therefore, PHAD proposes the Vietnam Local Works for Environmental Health program that aims to strengthen local capacity to best-practically and sustainably address developmental challenges through a learning-by-doing model. The program is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) for 5 years (2017 – 2022). The program starts with water pollution and related health issues in Kim Bang and Binh Luc districts of Ha Nam province, and Nong Cong and Ha Trung districts of Thanh Hoa province.
– Review relevant literature related to the database needed for environmental and related website framework, and consult PHAD with corresponding potential database solution with particularly focus on water-related health issues in Vietnamese local context (10 days);
– Assist and consult PHAD to design and develop a database framework for a system of websites which core features such as: information sharing hub, forum, Google map database, and small grant management (8 days);
– Assist and work with PHAD to design and develop a system of websites that is flexible to accommodate core features: sharing hub, forum, Google map database, and small grant management (8 days).
A minimum of a Master’s or advanced degree in information and technology, computer science, or related subject.
Minimum 10 years of relevant professional experience;
Experience in MySQL and Microsoft SQL databases;
Specialization in database and website designs;
Sound previous experience in similar projects in the required domains.
Demonstrable analytical skills and report-writing skills;
Excellent, proven management and communication skills.
– From June 2018 to September 2018, with a maximum of 30 working days;
– Provision period of other required services will be defined upon each PHAD’s demand;
– The workload might however be distributed unequally over time with more and less intense periods of work.
5. Payment terms
– Fee: According to the consultant history/Basing on agreement between the consultant and PHAD;
– Travel to the field and during the fieldwork: Covered by PHAD;
– Hotel and accommodation: Using the PHAD standard package and rate.
To apply, please submit the following information before 18 May 2018 to email@example.com
1. Job Application Letter with “Database and Website Consultant” in the subject line.
2. Updated CV in English with photo (taken in the last 6 months), including your contact e-mail, phone number and salary expectations; summary of experience, qualification …
3. 2 reference letters (with name, title, phone number and email address of the reference person).
4. Scanned copies of related diplomas and certificates (not need to be notarized until officially recruited).
5. Please visit our website: www.phad.org for more information about the Institute of Population, Health and Development (PHAD).
– Please do not contact by phone.
– We only conduct interviews with satisfactory records.