International Honors Program in Health, Fall 2015
The International Honor Program is an education program belonging to the World Learning/SIT organization. During this program, students from many US universities have opportunities to learn how communities around the world understand and strive for health and well being. This program will strengthen students’ ability to understand, interpret, and compare the socio-cultural, ecological, economic, political, and biological factors that affect human health.
The Institute of Population, Health, and Development (PHAD) first hosted IHP program in 2009 and has hosted IHP students consistently for seven years since then. This fall, PHAD will host IHP Health Students for is the second semester in 2015. The program will begin September 13th, 2015 and end on October 12th , 2015 with various activities in Hanoi and a field trip to Mai Chau, Hoa Binh province.
In order to support the IHP’s activities, The Institute of Population, Health, and Development (PHAD) needs to recruit 6 volunteers for the fall semester.
– Supporting/advising students, and guiding them while they discover Hanoi’s culture, cuisine, history, and famous places.
-Translating and encouraging students to exchange information during site visits to social support centers, out patients clinics and during the field trip toMai Chau, Hoa Binh province.
– Proficiency in English (Having an English certification is an advantage)
– Have a wide range knowledge about history, culture, Hanoi, society, cuisine and some emerging health problems.
-The ability to participate in IHP’s program from September 13th to October 12th , 2015
– Learn about different sectors and build relationships with IHP students
– The Institute of Population, Health, and Development provides a stipend for volunteers
– The Institute of Population, Health, and Development provides a certification upon successful completion of the program.
Application: Access the link below to apply: http://goo.gl/forms/BN4oWUqygc
Deadline: before August 10th, 2015
Trinh Thi Hue
The Institute of Population, Health, and Development
No. 18 alley 132, Hoa Bang, Cau Giay, Hanoi